The budget deficit for this financial year: $19.4 billion The budget deficit for the coming financial year: $18 billion Swan’s accumulated deficits to date: $191.7 billion Costello’s accumulated surpluses: $97.4 billion The dashed lines are the 1996 – 2017 averages for Receipts and Payments. Here is a comparison of the budget balance as reported in [...]
Back by popular demand – with loads of new content “Thanks for an absolutely spectacular workshop Ric. Huge value!! Jam packed with lots of great content and delivered so expertly and with great sincerity. Well done. I can see why you are such a success and why firms that work with you experience success as [...]
Brisbane is the first cab off the rank … The $90 Workshop for Professionals – Brisbane 18 July Back by popular demand – with loads of new content “Thanks for an absolutely spectacular workshop Ric. Huge value!! Jam packed with lots of great content and delivered so expertly and with great sincerity. Well done. I [...]
Dear Santa, Another year and I am thinking of you at your busiest time doing your magic work for all the world. I trust Mrs Claus and your little elves are all well, and that the reindeer are feeling strong and enthusiastic. We’re still hearing some rumours that the North Pole is melting, although there’s [...]
Mind the Gap: B2B Customer Experience Expectations Surge Ahead in 2013 and Beyond Guest post by Michael Haynes 2012 has flown by and another year is just around the corner. 2013 is looking to be an even more challenging year. In addition to plummeting business confidence, increased pessimism and slow economic growth, companies can also expect [...]
Not all problems or mistakes can be avoided. And certainly, not all problems or mistakes are fatal. If you agree with me on this then your approach to risk can be intelligent and appropriate. Project teams hope to build problem-free processes and systems. But if you do agree with me that not all problems and [...]
Only the loyal few can bring themselves to believe Julia Gillard is telling the truth. A poll today on the Nine MSN website showed that the preponderance of Australian people do NOT believe that Julia Gillard is telling the truth about the AWU ‘slush fund’. How long will the faceless men of the Australian Labor [...]
Why are you where you are? Why are you doing what you’re doing? Should you be someplace else doing it differently? If you go to the pool and swim 40 laps, the cost of that session is the $5 entry fee. If you join a swim squad and receive tuition telling you what to do [...]
Business is busy. Business is tough. The economy isn’t great and the politicians are so removed from reality as to misunderstand the seriousness of those of us who rely upon commerce to make a living. So, why then would I commend you to handwrite certain types of business correspondence, thereby increasing the time required to [...]
Who gets in your face and tells you that given your skills, you could do better? Who gets in your face and tells you, you have enough talent to really make a difference? Who gets in your face and asks you what would happen if you doubled the speed with which you work? Could you [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.