I had the opportunity to share some time with my daughter’s class at school. Manu’s cartoon had tickled me previously because I hear so many teenagers speaking this way. What surprised me today was how many mothers have also ensconced ”like” so heavily into their vernacular.
My writing tends to polarise people; some love me, and others don’t just as much. If someone writes something you disagree with, don’t get upset. I sometimes receive comments on my blog or direct e-mails written as if the sender punched the keys in anger. Here’s a tip: respect that others can legitimately have a [...]
Are you familiar with this type of relationship with your mobile telephone? Perhaps the grandson of HAL has come to avenge what happened in 2001.
We stand by the predictions, the entries in the Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal Outlook. We stand by the figures and we’re on track to deliver a budget surplus.Julia Gillard (only 6 months ago)
Source: Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun Samuel J sums up the problem: Since its first budget in 2008-09, the government has: – taken policy decisions to increase expenditure by $142.1 billion – taken policy decisions to increase revenue by $75.1 billion – mis-forecast (over estimated) revenue by $133.4 billion This, in a growing economy and with [...]
Spanish tennis ace David Ferrer is currently playing in the Madrid Open, a tournament sponsored by Samsung. Ferrer tweeted about how he was loving his new Samsung Galaxy S4. Just another tweet-for-cash, right? Not quite. Ferrer tweeted from his iPhone. Davide Ferrer’s tweet translated reads: ”I’m so happy with my new #GalaxyS4, setting up S [...]
Cath Daley from Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom is a Presentation Specialist & Public Speaking Consultant. Cath is in a group on LinkedIn that I also am a member of and she posed this question: I set aside some business development time today to listen to a webinar. It sounded really good from the email but I [...]
I’m flabbergasted at the volume of poorly written business correspondence that is landing daily in my e-mail. Businesses are striving to attract more clients and more business; hence they are increasing their direct marketing, and, unfortunately, most is doing more harm than good. Ric’s Tips for Better Business Writing and Correspondence: Dress for success. You [...]
Here’s a testimonial posted on best blogs for business website by one of our Online Business Forum members, Jesse Yvanoff. Many thanks to Jesse for his recommendation of this blog. The Ric Wilmot blog has been my most used blog for my business ideas. It contains practical tips and resources that allow me to overcome my fears [...]
When was the last time you said yourself, “I really want to write a press release”? Business owners, managers and those responsible for marketing are commended to write media releases, speak at trade association events, and have articles published in the journals that their clients read. That’s not unreasonable advice. But unless you were exceptionally [...]
Gaining media exposure for our business, ourselves and our products or services is understandably a positive marketing initiative. Writing a media release is a skill that can be learned and you can take advantage of sage expert advice or templates to do so. But how might you get the inspiration on what topic to write [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.