My writing tends to polarise people; some love me, and others don’t just as much. If someone writes something you disagree with, don’t get upset. I sometimes receive comments on my blog or direct e-mails written as if the sender punched the keys in anger. Here’s a tip: respect that others can legitimately have a [...]
Hopefully, this will be a parting message to Wayne Swan and that he never has influence over Australia’s economy EVER again. Oliver Cromwell’s Speech on the Dissolution of the Long Parliament Given to the House of Commons 20th April 1653 It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this [...]
Images from the 2013 ANZAC Day Sunset Service by Mudgeeraba RSL. The march commenced from the Memorial Hall in Railway Street at 3.40pm and proceeded to the Cenotaph at Elsie Laver Park, Railway Street, Mudgeeraba. The service recognised servicemen and women, and pioneers from the local area. ____________________ Click once on the thumbnail image to see the [...]
The flight from Kuala Lumpur to Dubai was an eventful trip. As dinner was being served we encountered turbulence. Usually, pilots are pre-warned about turbulence by aircraft ahead of them on the same flightpath and similar altitude. They announce this to the cabin, the fasten seat belts lamp is lit, and everyone takes their seats. On this [...]
Cath Daley from Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom is a Presentation Specialist & Public Speaking Consultant. Cath is in a group on LinkedIn that I also am a member of and she posed this question: I set aside some business development time today to listen to a webinar. It sounded really good from the email but I [...]
After a number of requests from members of the Online Business Forum, I’m offering a small group session on my deck of our Brisbane residence on September 19th. It will be a free form group coaching session. Bring your marketing, writing, speaking, consulting coaching, business model, pricing strategy, website or other challenges and we’ll try to [...]
Positive word-of-mouth by being considerate Today I’ve been the recipient of an unexpected customer service action by the Commonwealth Bank that cost the organisation practically nothing in terms of money or resources other than one individual’s time and consideration. Perhaps all of us in business need to invest a little bit more of our time [...]
Time wasting is okay We cannot compartmentalise our lives, we are who we are at work and at home. Wasting time is a part of that. In an era of productivity, technological speed, efficiency software and leading-edge instruments, we are made to feel guilty if we squander some time daydreaming, watching television, or snoozing on [...]
This brief video explains how to easily navigate the Premium Members Area of the Executive Wisdom website. Premium Membership provides you with access to: Free Webinars: Access to the recordings of all webinars Free Access to Ric’s Forum: an online business forum to exchange challenges, questions, solutions, ideas and techniques for better business Free Tools [...]
We are seeking someone to conduct a full-day project management workshop with regards to affordable housing in Asia. Those who are members of Ric’s Forum can log-in to view the complete details and then contact me. Not a member of Ric’s Online Business Forum yet? Join here.
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Nearly-Free Workshop for Professionals: Grow Your Business May 23, 2013
- Marketing message from Martin Luther King Jr. May 23, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.63: Want to change May 23, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.