Back by popular demand – with loads of new content “Thanks for an absolutely spectacular workshop Ric. Huge value!! Jam packed with lots of great content and delivered so expertly and with great sincerity. Well done. I can see why you are such a success and why firms that work with you experience success as [...]
Attention all Professionals: Accountants Banking Coaching Consulting Financial Advisors Lawyers Recruiters Speakers Back by popular demand with even more new and improved content! A live 60-minute webcast on Turning Cold Calls into Warm Welcomes The webcast will share strategies, tips and techniques that will improve the results of your approaches when making telephone calls to [...]
Although written to the accounting profession, this article is just as pertinent for business coaches & consultants, lawyers, bankers, financial planners, recruiters, and the like. ___________________________ The larger accounting firms are getting larger. Grant Thornton has just bought BDO. PwC is purchasing high-powered boutique firms like Ashley Munro. It’s unlikely there will be any [...]
George Orwell wrote an essay on the English Language: George Orwell: ‘Politics and the English Language’ First published: Horizon. — GB, London. — April 1946. http://www.orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit/ He wrote of: Dying metaphors Operators Pretentious diction Meaningless words Orwell gave us six rules to rely upon when our instinct fails: Never use a metaphor, simile, or other [...]
So what issues are the big ticket challenges for 2013 that will be likely to affect business activity and national prosperity in which the Australian HR profession has a stake?Lyn Goodear: chief executive of AHRI
With every second minor celebrity offering free arbitrary advice these days on the larger issues of the human condition, I found this admission by Bill Gates refreshing: “I save my public voice largely for the issues where I have some depth.” It’s an observation that I’m very conscious of as each new year comes around. [...]
The next live webcast is Wednesday 6th February at 12:00pm AEST (Australia). Networking Smart for Business Results Learn how to make networking a successful rainmaking process to acquire more clients, continually. Every person in professional services needs to network. But many confuse networking with socialising and indiscriminately handing out a gazillion business cards hoping that [...]
What would it be like to have unlimited access to peers from around the world 24-7? Ric’s Online Business Forum is the antithesis to LinkedIn. No selling, no spam, no nonsense. A members-only forum of a collegiate group of successful business owners and executives. ITCRA Members joining before February 5 2013 can obtain lifetime membership [...]
The first edition of the Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter (ISSN 2201-5973) for 2013 is available. Click on the image to open the full document in your browser. You’re welcome to share this with others and if you’d like to subscribe there is a subscription box over to the right here on the blog.
Join us at this information-rich program and learn how to improve your results and profitability by getting involved in practical strategies that work. In this program Ric Willmot is going to reveal everything he does to help his personal coaching and consulting clients in professional services. In fact, he will share with you, all the [...]
I will be in Melbourne on Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th of December and have some available time. If you would like to meet with me while I’m in your neighbourhood, feel free to contact me and we can make a mutually convenient time. I will be the guest speaker at the CPA/ICAI Discussion Group [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.