I’m flabbergasted at the volume of poorly written business correspondence that is landing daily in my e-mail. Businesses are striving to attract more clients and more business; hence they are increasing their direct marketing, and, unfortunately, most is doing more harm than good. Ric’s Tips for Better Business Writing and Correspondence: Dress for success. You [...]
When was the last time you said yourself, “I really want to write a press release”? Business owners, managers and those responsible for marketing are commended to write media releases, speak at trade association events, and have articles published in the journals that their clients read. That’s not unreasonable advice. But unless you were exceptionally [...]
Gaining media exposure for our business, ourselves and our products or services is understandably a positive marketing initiative. Writing a media release is a skill that can be learned and you can take advantage of sage expert advice or templates to do so. But how might you get the inspiration on what topic to write [...]
We have less than 10 copies of the teleconference I ran on Value-Based Pricing remaining. If you would like to purchase one or more copies before they’re all gone, send me an e-mail. By entering the discount code DC-VBPCD at the checkout you will be able to purchase the CD at the reduced price [...]
George Orwell wrote an essay on the English Language: George Orwell: ‘Politics and the English Language’ First published: Horizon. — GB, London. — April 1946. http://www.orwell.ru/library/essays/politics/english/e_polit/ He wrote of: Dying metaphors Operators Pretentious diction Meaningless words Orwell gave us six rules to rely upon when our instinct fails: Never use a metaphor, simile, or other [...]
Media leads for Ric’s Forum Members 5 February 2013 If you are a member of Ric’s Forum you are able to click on the links to access the details of journalists, media, online magazines, websites and blogs who are seeking contributions. This is a marvelous marketing and promotional opportunity for you and your business. Lawyers [...]
It is an opportunity to say (Koch's) comments are illegal: you can't discriminate against any mother at any time.Meredith Laverty spokesperson for the Australian Breastfeeding Association
Apparently, free speech is now illegal in Australia according to Meredith Laverty of the Australian Breastfeeding Association. So, David Koch’s comment is now illegal? He, you, me; we are banned by law from expressing an opinion? This is becoming absurd. Grow up! As Andrew Bolt wrote on his blog: “That a spokesman of a presumably [...]
Jacintha has worked at the King Edward VII Hospital for more than four years. She was an excellent nurse and well respected and popular with all over her colleagues.The Sydney Telegraph
THREE days after being duped by Australian radio presenters during a royal phone prank, a London nurse has been found dead after an apparent suicide. Jacintha Saldanha, 46, a mother of two, was unable to be revived after being found unconscious at a nurses’ accommodation block near London’s exclusive King Edward VII Hospital at 9.35am [...]
Paul Kelly writes about the hypocrisy of the Alan Jones and Tony Abbott critics: Liberal frontbencher Greg Hunt was absolutely correct on this page yesterday, saying the Labor Party and its supporters had shown no interest in curbing hate language (worse than anything Jones has said) by prominent media figures associated with the Left or [...]
As part of our ongoing commitment to providing diverse and plentiful free resources to our clients and contacts, we have now created a specific video library on our website. Under the Resources section of our website there is now a link to our video library. We have provided you with an enormous amount of [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.