Focus on my 4th question Regularly, I challenge my clients with four questions: What are you doing? What should you be doing? What should you not be doing? What should you be doing next? The fourth is the most important question today, tomorrow, and throughout your career. During the industrial age, the foreman or boss [...]
Google closed its Motorola Mobility acquisition in May 2012 and the returns remain to be seen. One thing is clear: There’s no question that the Motorola Mobility purchase was all about the patents. In recent weeks it’s clear that Google has dismantled Motorola Mobility via assets sales and restructuring. The Motorola Mobility question for Google [...]
Cath Daley from Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom is a Presentation Specialist & Public Speaking Consultant. Cath is in a group on LinkedIn that I also am a member of and she posed this question: I set aside some business development time today to listen to a webinar. It sounded really good from the email but I [...]
Live Webcast Wednesday 13 March 12pm Australian EST A final reminder for you to register for the live web cast this Wednesday 13 March at 12 noon. The web cast is for 60 minutes and will provide you with Rick Willmot’s secrets to a effective time management for busy executives and people in professional services. [...]
Finish It seems as if every time I open my e-mail there is an inordinate amount of advice coming from consultants and self-proclaimed gurus telling me to start something “new”. They all seem to imply they have the monopoly on the next innovative idea, which is only a rehash of the genius from giants such [...]
“I wish I was allowed to …” “They don’t let me …” “I’m not authorised to …” People crave for more authority in organisational life. They want to make decisions and ‘be the boss’. That way they can get things done. Some surrender without so much as a ripple being noticed. While others bemoan to [...]
When we are comfortable and everything is going smoothly, things are predictable, routine and regular. Everything is in our control and seemingly we are contented. What happens when we get a great idea, then have a goal and we push the boundaries of our comfort zone? We experience the new, the exciting – learn , [...]
Live Webcast Wednesday 13 March 12pm Australian EST Time Management is spoken and written about ad nauseum. The reality is that Time Management, when approached with common sense pragmatism, can be effectively introduced and adopted by individuals to ensure future improvement and success. Learn the vital strategies to efficacious time management from the Global Consultant, [...]
What is Ric’s Forums? Ric’s Online Business Forums is a password-protected area. And, many ask what is the Forum and what’s in the Premium Members Area. Here’s just 10 of the many reasons why you should be a member: Benchmark Research: Access to research reports by Executive Wisdom Consulting Group. “The Vault”: A repository [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.