The May edition of the Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter (ISSN 2201-5973) for 2013 is available. Click on the image to open the full document in your browser. You’re welcome to share this with others and if you’d like to subscribe there is a subscription box over to the right here on the blog. In this edition: [...]
New Bureau of Statistics figures show only half the businesses which started in the first full financial year of the Rudd Government are still going today: – Of the 299,123 new business entries during 2008–09, 75.8% were still operating in June 2010, 60.5% were still operating in June 2011 and 51.0% were still operating in June [...]
What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? Here’s 16 examples from my list of 50 that I believe you must be aware of to remain effective and relevant beyond the year 2020. In 2020 there’ll be an estimated 2.5 billion smartphones. What might that tell you about how people will engage with you and your [...]
Brisbane is the first cab off the rank … The $90 Workshop for Professionals – Brisbane 18 July Back by popular demand – with loads of new content “Thanks for an absolutely spectacular workshop Ric. Huge value!! Jam packed with lots of great content and delivered so expertly and with great sincerity. Well done. I [...]
Whirlpool Marketing: How to Attract & Acquire Customers Who Will Gladly Pay You What You’re Worth will be launching in Australia, America and Europe during August. The book will have its own website with a vast storehouse of useful resources and tools. The website should be live by June 1 — as long as the cyber-gremlins play nice. [...]
Answers The answers to most of your business problems lie in the point of contact with product, service, and relationships. These are the three areas where you directly touch your customers. If your attention is only on your product, then you can expect to be treated like a commodity, and your customers to be price [...]
Spanish tennis ace David Ferrer is currently playing in the Madrid Open, a tournament sponsored by Samsung. Ferrer tweeted about how he was loving his new Samsung Galaxy S4. Just another tweet-for-cash, right? Not quite. Ferrer tweeted from his iPhone. Davide Ferrer’s tweet translated reads: ”I’m so happy with my new #GalaxyS4, setting up S [...]
After a number of requests from members of the Online Business Forum, I’m offering a small group session on my deck of our Brisbane residence on September 19th. It will be a free form group coaching session. Bring your marketing, writing, speaking, consulting coaching, business model, pricing strategy, website or other challenges and we’ll try to work [...]
Speaking at a conference in Melbourne this week the feedback from the audience wasn’t overwhelmingly they believe that they must significantly increase their lead generation and marketing efforts just to survive and remain at current levels of revenue. What this is telling us is that your competitors are chasing your clients, your prospects, your marketplace. [...]
There is a multitude of self-proclaimed gurus teaching specific sales spiels to professional services firms. Professional services firms have acknowledged that they need to become more active in prospecting, marketing, business development, and yes, selling. Prospecting is about creating new conversations that can potentially lead to new business, referrals, and/or introductions. I have said before [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.