New Bureau of Statistics figures show only half the businesses which started in the first full financial year of the Rudd Government are still going today: – Of the 299,123 new business entries during 2008–09, 75.8% were still operating in June 2010, 60.5% were still operating in June 2011 and 51.0% were still operating in June [...]
What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? Here’s 16 examples from my list of 50 that I believe you must be aware of to remain effective and relevant beyond the year 2020. In 2020 there’ll be an estimated 2.5 billion smartphones. What might that tell you about how people will engage with you and your [...]
Whirlpool Marketing: How to Attract & Acquire Customers Who Will Gladly Pay You What You’re Worth will be launching in Australia, America and Europe during August. The book will have its own website with a vast storehouse of useful resources and tools. The website should be live by June 1 — as long as the cyber-gremlins play nice. [...]
Speaking at a conference in Melbourne this week the feedback from the audience wasn’t overwhelmingly they believe that they must significantly increase their lead generation and marketing efforts just to survive and remain at current levels of revenue. What this is telling us is that your competitors are chasing your clients, your prospects, your marketplace. [...]
Answering or knocking? Martin Scorsese’s directing debut was a movie entitled: “Who’s That Knocking at My Door”. The film’s original title was: “I Call First”. The two titles—when compared—are captivating from a marketing perspective: “I Call First“: stepping out into the field and knocking on doors seeking to attract business. “Who’s That Knocking at My [...]
Over seventy-five percent of sales training fails¹, according to research undertaken by my research division, The Society for Executive Wisdom. What amount does your organisation spend per person on sales training? While doing our research we learned—and we were surprised by this—that businesses² in Australia and New Zealand waste as much as $175,000 each year [...]
If you gave me a list of a dozen of your clients and allowed me to ask them why they choose to do business with you, what would they say? The price is right. We’ve been using them for ages. They happened call right when we needed someone. They were the closest. Haven’t really thought [...]
It’s been a while… The challenge of everyday business is building quality relationships with enough people so that people happily get caught in your vortex and arrive at the centre of your Whirlpool. I wish I’d been more diligent over the 30 years of my working life in keeping the contact details—and keeping in contact [...]
We all want to be successful. The success we want maybe different between us: relationships, love, career, sport, education, parenting, etc. But we all want some type of success in our lives. Success isn’t easy, it sometimes doesn’t count was even when everyone else knows we deserve it. In fact, some of us seem to [...]
How to Attract & Acquire Customers Who Will Gladly Pay You What You’re Worth Whirlpool Marketing guides and coaches those responsible for business development and marketing on how to build a quality client base of which their competitors would be proud. With this book, the reader is taught and learns every aspect and skill required [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.