What’s Your Default Position? On my blog last week I wrote about responding in the moment to events that challenge and frustrate you (It’s not what happens to you but how you respond). Taking the next step; what’s your default position when faced with an opportunity? Do you need to have a guarantee to feel [...]
I had the pleasure of spending some time with the CEO and board member of Al Tanmyah Services in Dubai. No matter where in the world you visit there will always be those interesting people who have gravitas and a presence. Ali Khalil Al Sayegh is one of those people. A wealth of experience and [...]
In Dubai we discussed evaluating the risk and return of your markets and products. This graphic was developed within the group as we considered the shift into related and unrelated markets and the development of related and unrelated products. The value in attending these strategy sessions are immense. If you’d like to attend future programs, [...]
Simply put, strategy is about thinking deeply towards the future. Coca-Cola had a strategic intent: For anyone to be able to buy a Coke anywhere in the world at any time. For any strategy to rise above the level of mediocrity it must have a strong and powerful intent. John F. Kennedy had a clear [...]
Real World Strategies, Development & Implementation Effective Strategic Planning and its Application to Accomplish Your Business Goals 22nd & 23rd April 2013 • Dubai, United Arab Emirates REMINDER: Strategic thinking is a powerful and invaluable skill, one that leads to greater chances of success in whatever professional and personal projects you’re involved in. Learning to [...]
It’s easy to find reasons why something will not work. It’s easy to complain, criticise, and denigrate new ideas, new strategies, or new action claims. It’s easy to quip, “we tried that before back in 1973, and it didn’t work then and won’t work now”. If you genuinely want to harness the power of problem-solving [...]
Building the Eiffel Tower Watching a documentary on the History Channel I was fascinated to learn of the negativity and protestations regarding the Eiffel Tower’s impending construction by many Parisians. The uncoordinated campaigns by thousands of French citizens, criticised the tower as being a disgrace to architecture, and some said would be the ruination of Paris. The documentary [...]
Effective Strategic Planning and its Application to Accomplish Your Business Goals 22nd & 23rd April 2013 • Dubai, United Arab Emirates Strategic success is the holy grail of owner, principals, CEOs, partners and senior executives. However the challenges of an ever increasing competitiveness mean that the shrug-and-smile approach to delivering on business objectives has all [...]
The jewellery industry was ‘notorious’ for its contribution to world pollution and its unethical work practices.Charms Baltis
I first met Charms in Darwin at a CPA MasterClass and she immediately impressed me with her intelligence, inquisitiveness, and entrepreneurial drive. Charms is a member of Ric’s Forum and we are pleased and proud to witness the contribution she is making to the improvement of environmental and social responsibility. Read the article recently published [...]
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Peter Abbott: Totally agree with you Ric. This government has d...
- Ric Willmot: Remember how boat arrivals under the last six year...
- Ric Willmot: Welcome back, Scott. You've been silent for such ...
- Scott Brown: Oh, and quoting Cromwell, a holier-than-thou Purit...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.