Who’s to blame for poor customer service? Checking in at Qantas domestic, Brisbane airport, the ticketing officer was courteous, helpful, and informative. It wasn’t just because it was her job, you sensed she loved her work and loved serving the public. I thanked her for being so helpful and nice. “Very few people say that, [...]
Simply put, strategy is about thinking deeply towards the future. Coca-Cola had a strategic intent: For anyone to be able to buy a Coke anywhere in the world at any time. For any strategy to rise above the level of mediocrity it must have a strong and powerful intent. John F. Kennedy had a clear [...]
Real World Strategies, Development & Implementation Effective Strategic Planning and its Application to Accomplish Your Business Goals 22nd & 23rd April 2013 • Dubai, United Arab Emirates REMINDER: Strategic thinking is a powerful and invaluable skill, one that leads to greater chances of success in whatever professional and personal projects you’re involved in. Learning to [...]
Here’s a testimonial posted on best blogs for business website by one of our Online Business Forum members, Jesse Yvanoff. Many thanks to Jesse for his recommendation of this blog. The Ric Wilmot blog has been my most used blog for my business ideas. It contains practical tips and resources that allow me to overcome my fears [...]
Live Webcast Wednesday 13 March 12pm Australian EST A final reminder for you to register for the live web cast this Wednesday 13 March at 12 noon. The web cast is for 60 minutes and will provide you with Rick Willmot’s secrets to a effective time management for busy executives and people in professional services. [...]
! The Focus Group Challenge Relying upon surveys assumes that people know how they feel. The reality is that in the workplace it sometimes takes listening to the opinions of others in a confidential and nonthreatening group setting before they form thoughts and opinions. Focus groups can reveal a wealth of detailed information and deep [...]
Influence Business attempts to cope with unpredictable competition and fickle customers. Do you market loyalty or the coupon deal? How can organisations plan ahead with any confidence? Contrary to the cliche, absence does not make the heart grow fonder; it becomes easier to forget. Separation is the enemy of influence. You have more influence when [...]
Titan is the one with the money and the talent to produce tires. What does the crazy union have? It has the French government.Morrie Taylor, CEO of Titan
From The Wall Street Journal An American CEO speaks the blunt truth to the French state. And, may well signal a warning for Australian business,workplace relations and our economy. When Morrie Taylor visited a Goodyear factory in north Amiens, France, he couldn’t believe what he saw: “The French workforce gets paid high wages but works [...]
You can assert control of certain situations by expressing a clear vision of the group’s goals, a pronounced passion for the work and an ability to make the rest of the group members feel invigorated. It’s called: transformational leadership. Transformational leadership is a leadership style that encourages positive transmogrification in those who follow. Transformational leaders [...]
The Global Consultant, Ric Willmot, is touring Asia-Pacific delivering specialised management learning and development programs and public workshops. If you wish to discuss how you can get a chance to be your best by learning from one of the best, contact us.
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.