How to Attract & Acquire Customers Who Will Gladly Pay You What You’re Worth Whirlpool Marketing guides and coaches those responsible for business development and marketing on how to build a quality client base of which their competitors would be proud. With this book, the reader is taught and learns every aspect and skill required [...]
Although written to the accounting profession, this article is just as pertinent for business coaches & consultants, lawyers, bankers, financial planners, recruiters, and the like. ___________________________ The larger accounting firms are getting larger. Grant Thornton has just bought BDO. PwC is purchasing high-powered boutique firms like Ashley Munro. It’s unlikely there will be any [...]
Join us at this information-rich program and learn how to improve your results and profitability by getting involved in practical strategies that work. In this program Ric Willmot is going to reveal everything he does to help his personal coaching and consulting clients in professional services. In fact, he will share with you, all the [...]
I will be in Melbourne on Wednesday 5th and Thursday 6th of December and have some available time. If you would like to meet with me while I’m in your neighbourhood, feel free to contact me and we can make a mutually convenient time. I will be the guest speaker at the CPA/ICAI Discussion Group [...]
This has also been posted in my Forum …. If you are qualified to competently deliver payroll training for one of my clients in Oman, please get in touch with me quickly. This is In-House payroll training to be hosted at the client’s premises. This payroll training should be targeted for both the HR and [...]
Understanding the Global Financial Crisis with Clarke and Dawe and how banks behaved with money they didn’t have, loaned to people who couldn’t repay, regulated by governments who didn’t have a clue.
In Australia one financial year has ended and a new one begins. Many professional practices do their annual strategies, planning and budgets at this time to coincide. Good business doesn’t just happen by accident. Few things come easily. Very rarely do good things come easily. The only way a business can run itself, like a motor [...]
Professional speakers love to read the smiley sheets. They get a buzz from the glowing praises, high scores, etc. Trainers are the same. It’s important for them to be rated as the best trainer/presenter …. ever! What’s more, if they happen to receive even one highly-negative rating or feedback, they crumble under the enormous weight [...]
Professional Services Firms have annual retreats. These events are for a multitude of reasons, including a chance to get away from it all, eat, drink and be merry, say thanks to non-professional and administration staff, etc. But there is other value to be attained from investing in an annual retreat for a Professional Knowledge Firm: [...]
“What do you do?” “I’m a …” STOP! Don’t say it. Stop right now before you go any further and lose this opportunity. Don’t say you’re a [insert your profession here] and let people incorrectly interpret your value. There are three mistakes nearly all professional services advisers make when talking about themselves or marketing their business: Allowing [...]
- Peter Abbott: Totally agree with you Ric. This government has d...
- Ric Willmot: Remember how boat arrivals under the last six year...
- Ric Willmot: Welcome back, Scott. You've been silent for such ...
- Scott Brown: Oh, and quoting Cromwell, a holier-than-thou Purit...
- Scott Brown: Trouble is, when you have shrinking revenues, and ...
- Mick Cosgrove: I prefer Cicero, 55BC: "The budget should be b...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Technology Patents & Legal Disputes May 14, 2013
- Cost Comparisons of Motorola Acquisition by Google May 13, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.