Brisbane is the first cab off the rank … The $90 Workshop for Professionals – Brisbane 18 July Back by popular demand – with loads of new content “Thanks for an absolutely spectacular workshop Ric. Huge value!! Jam packed with lots of great content and delivered so expertly and with great sincerity. Well done. I [...]
Answers The answers to most of your business problems lie in the point of contact with product, service, and relationships. These are the three areas where you directly touch your customers. If your attention is only on your product, then you can expect to be treated like a commodity, and your customers to be price [...]
Who’s to blame for poor customer service? Checking in at Qantas domestic, Brisbane airport, the ticketing officer was courteous, helpful, and informative. It wasn’t just because it was her job, you sensed she loved her work and loved serving the public. I thanked her for being so helpful and nice. “Very few people say that, [...]
The First Class Emirates Lounge at the Melbourne International Airport is a luxurious establishment replete with a concierge who reminds me of a butler in the movies. Short, portly, balding, with an English accent, he charms you into believing you are royalty but retains that air of strength that informs you neither he nor his [...]
The CEO Institute’s Kristine Szitovszky shares her opinions about Successful Business Writing Templates… “With Ric’s excellent compendium of business writing templates, he demonstrates his true value yet again – how to work smarter, not harder. It’s not only about the time that professional service consultants will save as a result of using the templates in this [...]
It’s been a while… The challenge of everyday business is building quality relationships with enough people so that people happily get caught in your vortex and arrive at the centre of your Whirlpool. I wish I’d been more diligent over the 30 years of my working life in keeping the contact details—and keeping in contact [...]
Positive word-of-mouth by being considerate Today I’ve been the recipient of an unexpected customer service action by the Commonwealth Bank that cost the organisation practically nothing in terms of money or resources other than one individual’s time and consideration. Perhaps all of us in business need to invest a little bit more of our time [...]
In a world of noise we need to stand out from the crowd rather than blend in with the mosaic. How? A family restaurant in Poulsbo, Washington has created Marketing Magic by providing a discount for the patrons well-behaved children! A Washington couple were left stunned after their server handed them the bill for their family’s [...]
Customer Friendly The Mythbusters television program tested what was the most efficient way to board and disembark an airplane. Unsurprisingly, the current method of everyone being shuttled through the front door is the least efficient. All passenger jets have forward and aft doors passengers could use. But only at smaller airports where air bridges are [...]
Mind the Gap: B2B Customer Experience Expectations Surge Ahead in 2013 and Beyond Guest post by Michael Haynes 2012 has flown by and another year is just around the corner. 2013 is looking to be an even more challenging year. In addition to plummeting business confidence, increased pessimism and slow economic growth, companies can also expect [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.