The $90 Workshop for Professionals: Business Builder Series An almost-free day for people in the accounting, law, recruiting, HR, business consulting & coaching, speaking, and related professions to help them dramatically accelerate business and find new markets. It’s my way of “giving back” and providing a high-content day. The registration fee is only $90 + [...]
Each day our inboxes are flooded. Each day we send out e-mails that are included in the flood others receive. Each day we engage in sending e-mails with no real deep thought as to why or what we are doing. In business, we don’t wish to be a spammer, or have our e-mail automatically trashed, [...]
It’s not your client’s responsibility to remember you; it’s your obligation to ensure they never have a chance to forget you. A member of my Mentoring & Coaching Program called to say that a prospective client had chosen and engaged another business professional before receiving his proposal. This proposal was the culmination of a business analysis for [...]
“I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant!” Do you know what you are communicating to your clients? Telephoning the Apple Support Centre, an automated message declares: “Welcome to Apple. The Tech Support Department is closed.” [...]
When my daughter was two and she wanted something, she wanted it immediately. And, when she got it, it was a victory, she won. As we mature we see a win as a victory over somebody or something else. I won the tennis match at the expense of somebody else who lost to me. I [...]
In 2008 my research company, The Society for Executive Wisdom, surveyed 341 buyers of professional services. The information we gained from this survey was gold. Some of the issues relating to hiring a professional services provider included: Failed to understand the buyers’ needs Failed to respond to requests promptly Failed to listen to the buyer [...]
I was recently engaged to speak at a breakfast for 21 senior St George Bank executives which was hosted by Martin Turner of The Turner Group. The talk was on utilising your customer market to gain maximum revenue targets. Many people within larger organisations fail to appreciate their own value and the value of what is [...]
Everybody is selling something. The accounting department is selling efficient accounting systems that please customers and suppliers. Receptionists are selling first impressions. Cleaning staff are selling a wonderful work environment. The question is: what do you believe you are selling? Those of us in professional services must embrace a “solutions culture”. I suggest to you [...]
The results of the survey we conducted in November on Business Referrals has been summarised and condensed into a PDF document with opinions and viewpoints added. Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey. Your assistance, honesty and thoughts are highly valued by us and the readers of the final summary. I am currently writing [...]
Every week we need to be investing in the marketing of ourselves, our business, our services and our brand. By doing one thing every day, you are perpetuating Willmot’s Marketing Whirlpool to grow and develop your business and build your revenues and profits. How many are you actively implementing each week? By just doing one [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.