What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? Here’s 16 examples from my list of 50 that I believe you must be aware of to remain effective and relevant beyond the year 2020. In 2020 there’ll be an estimated 2.5 billion smartphones. What might that tell you about how people will engage with you and your [...]
Answers The answers to most of your business problems lie in the point of contact with product, service, and relationships. These are the three areas where you directly touch your customers. If your attention is only on your product, then you can expect to be treated like a commodity, and your customers to be price [...]
A wonderful dinner in a private room atop the original World Trade Centre in Dubai with views across the business district and one of the royal palaces with CEO and board of member of Al Tanmyah Services, Mr Ali Khalil Al Sayegh.
The First Class Emirates Lounge at the Melbourne International Airport is a luxurious establishment replete with a concierge who reminds me of a butler in the movies. Short, portly, balding, with an English accent, he charms you into believing you are royalty but retains that air of strength that informs you neither he nor his [...]
There is a multitude of self-proclaimed gurus teaching specific sales spiels to professional services firms. Professional services firms have acknowledged that they need to become more active in prospecting, marketing, business development, and yes, selling. Prospecting is about creating new conversations that can potentially lead to new business, referrals, and/or introductions. I have said before [...]
Here’s how NOT to be professional with your e-mail: To whoever it may concern, The premium domain FinanceLedger.com is up for sale at $488 only. Since you own other similar domains we though you might be interested in acquiring this one as well. We are sending this email to several parties,and the first one to [...]
Have you been told that you need a USP (unique selling proposition) for your business? Is it really possible for your business to be unique from all of your competitors? What is substantively different between you and all of your competition that can be independently observed, verified, believed, and not be emulated? Are you different [...]
If you gave me a list of a dozen of your clients and allowed me to ask them why they choose to do business with you, what would they say? The price is right. We’ve been using them for ages. They happened call right when we needed someone. They were the closest. Haven’t really thought [...]
Positive word-of-mouth by being considerate Today I’ve been the recipient of an unexpected customer service action by the Commonwealth Bank that cost the organisation practically nothing in terms of money or resources other than one individual’s time and consideration. Perhaps all of us in business need to invest a little bit more of our time [...]
! The Focus Group Challenge Relying upon surveys assumes that people know how they feel. The reality is that in the workplace it sometimes takes listening to the opinions of others in a confidential and nonthreatening group setting before they form thoughts and opinions. Focus groups can reveal a wealth of detailed information and deep [...]
- Peter Abbott: Totally agree with you Ric. This government has d...
- Ric Willmot: Remember how boat arrivals under the last six year...
- Ric Willmot: Welcome back, Scott. You've been silent for such ...
- Scott Brown: Oh, and quoting Cromwell, a holier-than-thou Purit...
- Scott Brown: Trouble is, when you have shrinking revenues, and ...
- Mick Cosgrove: I prefer Cicero, 55BC: "The budget should be b...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Technology Patents & Legal Disputes May 14, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.