New Bureau of Statistics figures show only half the businesses which started in the first full financial year of the Rudd Government are still going today: – Of the 299,123 new business entries during 2008–09, 75.8% were still operating in June 2010, 60.5% were still operating in June 2011 and 51.0% were still operating in June [...]
Around the bend In Australia, there is a federal budget being delivered this week. The struggling government of the day has failed miserably to balance the books. Unfortunately, you DO need to balance your books in your business. You have an obligation to your lenders to meet your repayments. You have an obligation to your [...]
Pricing Strategies to Grow Your Business The world economy is being stormed by an evolution—the Pricing Evolution. Most professional services firms have been content with the pricing strategies and methodologies developed by those who went before them. Accountants and lawyers charging in six-minute increments. Business consultants and coaches by hourly or per deim rates. Recruiters [...]
If you have a succinct, pithy marketing tale to tell, I’d like to hear it. We’re interested in stories that fit at least one of the following: From the trenches This really happened I can’t believe I did that If I knew then what I know now Top 3 Tips and Why They Work I [...]
Live Webcast Wednesday 13 March 12pm Australian EST Time Management is spoken and written about ad nauseum. The reality is that Time Management, when approached with common sense pragmatism, can be effectively introduced and adopted by individuals to ensure future improvement and success. Learn the vital strategies to efficacious time management from the Global Consultant, [...]
What is Ric’s Forums? Ric’s Online Business Forums is a password-protected area. And, many ask what is the Forum and what’s in the Premium Members Area. Here’s just 10 of the many reasons why you should be a member: Benchmark Research: Access to research reports by Executive Wisdom Consulting Group. “The Vault”: A repository [...]
Customer Friendly The Mythbusters television program tested what was the most efficient way to board and disembark an airplane. Unsurprisingly, the current method of everyone being shuttled through the front door is the least efficient. All passenger jets have forward and aft doors passengers could use. But only at smaller airports where air bridges are [...]
When asked a question, give the real answer, give the right answer, give the full answer. If they don’t like the answer they shouldn’t have asked the question. When given a task or project, give it everything you have. Make it great, make it right, make it useful. If you don’t want to do your [...]
Improvement-Movement Seek out processes, functions, systems that others have lamely accepted as the status quo and significantly, noticeably and remarkably improve them. Seek out functions that you and your organisation are attached to that are slowing you and everyone else down. Understand that they are irreparably broken and no longer relevant. Eradicate them and refuse [...]
We will be announcing some exciting new professional development opportunities in early 2013. Here’s a very quick video that shows some of what’s going to be available.
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.