Around the bend In Australia, there is a federal budget being delivered this week. The struggling government of the day has failed miserably to balance the books. Unfortunately, you DO need to balance your books in your business. You have an obligation to your lenders to meet your repayments. You have an obligation to your [...]
After a number of requests from members of the Online Business Forum, I’m offering a small group session on my deck of our Brisbane residence on September 19th. It will be a free form group coaching session. Bring your marketing, writing, speaking, consulting coaching, business model, pricing strategy, website or other challenges and we’ll try to work [...]
In Dubai we discussed evaluating the risk and return of your markets and products. This graphic was developed within the group as we considered the shift into related and unrelated markets and the development of related and unrelated products. The value in attending these strategy sessions are immense. If you’d like to attend future programs, [...]
Last week I shared three days with four clients on improving their accounting practice to achieve dominant growth over the next two years. At their behest we met at a coffee house/restaurant in the northern suburbs of Brisbane. My protestations about the lack of privacy and confidentiality went unheeded by the four who assured me they’d [...]
If you have a succinct, pithy marketing tale to tell, I’d like to hear it. We’re interested in stories that fit at least one of the following: From the trenches This really happened I can’t believe I did that If I knew then what I know now Top 3 Tips and Why They Work I [...]
Search Engine Optimisation: I have no idea! Those of you who know me or have been to one or more of my public workshops or presentations understand that technology and Ric do not mix well. So, you ask, “Why on earth is Ric Willmot sending a note about SEO?” This morning I received a newsletter [...]
Self-promotion is an important step in business success. Trump does it. Branson does it. Oprah, Ellen, they all do it. Yet, some in professional services remain steadfast to the belief that you only need be good and people will flock to you. And then they are confused when success doesn’t pursue them. So, here’s an [...]
At conferences and symposiums I sometimes have the opportunity to sit in the back row or skulk in the shadows of the wings and listen to the speaker preceding me. I’m amazed at how much people can talk and not say anything. I’m astounded by how far presenters are willing to beat their audiences up [...]
Mind the Gap: B2B Customer Experience Expectations Surge Ahead in 2013 and Beyond Guest post by Michael Haynes 2012 has flown by and another year is just around the corner. 2013 is looking to be an even more challenging year. In addition to plummeting business confidence, increased pessimism and slow economic growth, companies can also expect [...]
Reminder for everyone interested: the live webcast on Setting Your 2013 Business Strategy is today at 12noon EST (Brisbane time GMT+10:00). Register here so you can receive the link by e-mail to attend this live event. Many business people get trapped into believing myth and misnomers regarding business strategy, planning and development. And, it costs [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.