I had the pleasure of spending some time with the CEO and board member of Al Tanmyah Services in Dubai. No matter where in the world you visit there will always be those interesting people who have gravitas and a presence. Ali Khalil Al Sayegh is one of those people. A wealth of experience and [...]
In Dubai we discussed evaluating the risk and return of your markets and products. This graphic was developed within the group as we considered the shift into related and unrelated markets and the development of related and unrelated products. The value in attending these strategy sessions are immense. If you’d like to attend future programs, [...]
Dubai has a habit of attracting global talent. From left right: Danny Harrison — Principal of Azzan Bin Qais International School in Muscat, Oman. Ric Willmot — Author, consultant, speaker and mentor: Executive Wisdom in Brisbane, Australia. Pradeep Bal — Head Business Analyst of Coke, Sinter and Iron at Tata Steel Limited in Jamshedpur, India. Saurav Chowdhury — Office [...]
Ric Willmot has for a number of years been a Gold Level Author for the CEO Institute. CEO Online website is shortly set to re-launch under its new name – the International Institute of Directors & Managers (IIDM) and we’re pleased to announce that Ric Willmot will be continuing his association with them under their new banner and [...]
It’s easy to find reasons why something will not work. It’s easy to complain, criticise, and denigrate new ideas, new strategies, or new action claims. It’s easy to quip, “we tried that before back in 1973, and it didn’t work then and won’t work now”. If you genuinely want to harness the power of problem-solving [...]
Building the Eiffel Tower Watching a documentary on the History Channel I was fascinated to learn of the negativity and protestations regarding the Eiffel Tower’s impending construction by many Parisians. The uncoordinated campaigns by thousands of French citizens, criticised the tower as being a disgrace to architecture, and some said would be the ruination of Paris. The documentary [...]
! The Focus Group Challenge Relying upon surveys assumes that people know how they feel. The reality is that in the workplace it sometimes takes listening to the opinions of others in a confidential and nonthreatening group setting before they form thoughts and opinions. Focus groups can reveal a wealth of detailed information and deep [...]
When was the last time you said yourself, “I really want to write a press release”? Business owners, managers and those responsible for marketing are commended to write media releases, speak at trade association events, and have articles published in the journals that their clients read. That’s not unreasonable advice. But unless you were exceptionally [...]
What is Ric’s Forums? Ric’s Online Business Forums is a password-protected area. And, many ask what is the Forum and what’s in the Premium Members Area. Here’s just 10 of the many reasons why you should be a member: Benchmark Research: Access to research reports by Executive Wisdom Consulting Group. “The Vault”: A repository [...]
But one glance at it and you're inside the mind of another person, maybe somebody dead for thousands of years.Carl Sagan
What an astonishing thing a book is. It’s a flat object made from a tree with flexible parts on which are imprinted lots of funny dark squiggles.. But one glance at it and you’re inside the mind of another person, maybe somebody dead for thousands of years. Across the millennia, an author is speaking clearly [...]
- $1.1 billion in taxpayer funds given to Ford over 10 years | Ric Willmot Blog: [...] receive enormous amounts of taxpayer funds...
- Mick Cosgrove: Spot on....I want my free Ford or Holden if they w...
- Australian small businesses might have given a better ROI | Ric Willmot Blog: [...] receive enormous amounts of taxpayer funds...
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Economic outlook for Australia by Stephen Halmarick May 24, 2013
- $1.1 billion in taxpayer funds given to Ford over 10 years May 24, 2013
- Australian small businesses might have given a better ROI May 24, 2013
- Does marketing matter? Article in CIM Magazine May 24, 2013
- Nearly-Free Workshop for Professionals: Grow Your Business May 23, 2013
- Marketing message from Martin Luther King Jr. May 23, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.