The May edition of the Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter (ISSN 2201-5973) for 2013 is available. Click on the image to open the full document in your browser. You’re welcome to share this with others and if you’d like to subscribe there is a subscription box over to the right here on the blog. In this edition: [...]
Focus on my 4th question Regularly, I challenge my clients with four questions: What are you doing? What should you be doing? What should you not be doing? What should you be doing next? The fourth is the most important question today, tomorrow, and throughout your career. During the industrial age, the foreman or boss [...]
What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? Here’s 16 examples from my list of 50 that I believe you must be aware of to remain effective and relevant beyond the year 2020. In 2020 there’ll be an estimated 2.5 billion smartphones. What might that tell you about how people will engage with you and your [...]
There is a multitude of self-proclaimed gurus teaching specific sales spiels to professional services firms. Professional services firms have acknowledged that they need to become more active in prospecting, marketing, business development, and yes, selling. Prospecting is about creating new conversations that can potentially lead to new business, referrals, and/or introductions. I have said before [...]
Answering or knocking? Martin Scorsese’s directing debut was a movie entitled: “Who’s That Knocking at My Door”. The film’s original title was: “I Call First”. The two titles—when compared—are captivating from a marketing perspective: “I Call First“: stepping out into the field and knocking on doors seeking to attract business. “Who’s That Knocking at My [...]
After a number of requests from members of the Online Business Forum, I’m offering a small group session on my deck of our Brisbane residence on September 19th. It will be a free form group coaching session. Bring your marketing, writing, speaking, consulting coaching, business model, pricing strategy, website or other challenges and we’ll try to [...]
Sex Sells—Does Your Business? That trilogy of books, 50 Shades of Grey has sold 70 million copies in various forms of media (predominantly as an e-book). Everybody knows sex sells. Now, in book publishing circles, it’s a bit clearer exactly how much. This is a perfect example of how emotion trumps logic. The writing is [...]
Over seventy-five percent of sales training fails¹, according to research undertaken by my research division, The Society for Executive Wisdom. What amount does your organisation spend per person on sales training? While doing our research we learned—and we were surprised by this—that businesses² in Australia and New Zealand waste as much as $175,000 each year [...]
How to Attract & Acquire Customers Who Will Gladly Pay You What You’re Worth Whirlpool Marketing guides and coaches those responsible for business development and marketing on how to build a quality client base of which their competitors would be proud. With this book, the reader is taught and learns every aspect and skill required [...]
The February edition of the Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter (ISSN 2201-5973) for 2013 is available. Click on the image to open the full document in your browser. You’re welcome to share this with others and if you’d like to subscribe there is a subscription box over to the right here on the blog. In this edition: [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.