Professional speakers love to read the smiley sheets. They get a buzz from the glowing praises, high scores, etc. Trainers are the same. It’s important for them to be rated as the best trainer/presenter …. ever! What’s more, if they happen to receive even one highly-negative rating or feedback, they crumble under the enormous weight [...]
Professional Services Firms have annual retreats. These events are for a multitude of reasons, including a chance to get away from it all, eat, drink and be merry, say thanks to non-professional and administration staff, etc. But there is other value to be attained from investing in an annual retreat for a Professional Knowledge Firm: [...]
“What do you do?” “I’m a …” STOP! Don’t say it. Stop right now before you go any further and lose this opportunity. Don’t say you’re a [insert your profession here] and let people incorrectly interpret your value. There are three mistakes nearly all professional services advisers make when talking about themselves or marketing their business: Allowing [...]
The Successful Business Writing Templates Handbook Many professionals get blindsided with writer’s block or have difficulty with language when writing proposals, letters of agreement, prospecting approaches, media releases, and the like. And, it can have an adverse affect on your business and your time. In this book–including a CD compatible with any platform–you have access [...]
How to Attract & Acquire Clients The title of this webinar says it all. Identifying opportunities Preparing for success Gaining market share Guaranteeing repeat business And much more July 2012 All live webcasts are held at 12:00NOON & 2:30PM Australian Eastern Time so that our members from Asia and the Middle East can attend. These [...]
On April 24 this year I delivered a luncheon address to the Australian Legal Practice Management Association in Brisbane. As part of the preparation for my talk, I asked the attendees who had registered to answer some simple questions: 1. How do you rate your firm’s marketing? 2. If your firm’s marketing was as [...]
Formalised strategic alliances are a powerful way to enable organisations to refer business to each other. This is particularly true where there may be common needs across the respective client data bases. It’s important that the alliance: Makes sense to both of your businesses Your offerings are non-competitive Your quality of product, service and relationship [...]
Here is a summary of the latest discussions, questions, and opinions. You will need your username and password to log in, view, and reply to these discussions. “Making the best of being an entrepreneur” – Entrepreneurship “3M – McKnight Principles” – Leadership & Management “Build leadership by creating the environment” – Leadership & Management “Your [...]
If you’re a professional in: Accounting Banking Coaching Consulting & Training Financial Services HR & Recruitment Law Professional Speaking then you’re constantly searching for ways to attract and acquire clients, increase business revenues, grow profits, and retain what business you have already. Many in the professional and personal services arena, however, are uncomfortable with this, as [...]
Many might think that accountants have it easy with business walking in the door. After all, it’s law that we must complete and lodge income tax returns. Some of us want refunds, some of us just want to minimise what we owe, and the remainder don’t want to pay the government a fine for non-lodgement. [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Nearly-Free Workshop for Professionals: Grow Your Business May 23, 2013
- Marketing message from Martin Luther King Jr. May 23, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.63: Want to change May 23, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.