If you’d rather be doing something else, then your work is always going to be hard no matter what the circumstances. © Ric Willmot 2013. All rights reserved.
Pro bono work for the exposure Achieving the right kind of exposure to your target market is valuable. No doubt. Frequently, you will be propositioned to deliver your services pro bono (gratis, free). To you, the value of offering your services unpaid can include: contributing to a worthy cause or charity, practicing your delivery of [...]
JOURNALIST: The Opposition raised the issue about pamphlets, taxpayer pamphlets released in the ten Labor electorates which said we delivered a surplus on time as promised. This is before your comments later in the year that the surplus wasn’t being delivered. Can you tell us why these pamphlets said you delivered a surplus on time [...]
“Failure is not an option. Failure is not an option here; and we won’t fail.” — Prime Minister Julia Gillard
My teenage nieces laugh at me for wearing a wristwatch: “It’s a single function device, Uncle Ric!” “No it’s not. It also shows the day and date.” As technology improves, innovates and creates, it seems that language, conversation and communication deteriorates. In business, especially. Spelling and grammar is, in my observations, becoming less correct to [...]
I have proposed that early next year we could sit and discuss within the framework of the Bali Process how to best and efficiently deal with the issue of people-smuggling and trafficking in persons.Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
JULIA Gillard has failed to win Jakarta’s clear support for her proposal to build a regional asylum-seeker processing centre in East Timor. Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono has instead referred the Prime Minister’s plan for a regional framework on people-smuggling for consideration early next year at a meeting of the Bali Process, saying while he [...]
Media leads for Ric’s Forum Members 5 February 2013 If you are a member of Ric’s Forum you are able to click on the links to access the details of journalists, media, online magazines, websites and blogs who are seeking contributions. This is a marvelous marketing and promotional opportunity for you and your business. Lawyers [...]
Live Webcast Wednesday 6 February 12pm Australian EST Learn how to make networking a successful rainmaking process to acquire more clients, continually. Every person in professional services needs to network. But many confuse networking with socialising and indiscriminately handing out a gazillion business cards hoping that someone will call them the next day offering to throw [...]
Networking Nous Networking for business is not socialising or “working a room”, although to watch people in action you would be forgiven for thinking otherwise. Networking is interacting and having an informal conversation with others so you may forge a relationship that can improve your business. Therefore, you must know the reason why you’re networking. [...]
Search Engine Optimisation: I have no idea! Those of you who know me or have been to one or more of my public workshops or presentations understand that technology and Ric do not mix well. So, you ask, “Why on earth is Ric Willmot sending a note about SEO?” This morning I received a newsletter [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.