A wonderful dinner in a private room atop the original World Trade Centre in Dubai with views across the business district and one of the royal palaces with CEO and board of member of Al Tanmyah Services, Mr Ali Khalil Al Sayegh.
Time wasting is okay We cannot compartmentalise our lives, we are who we are at work and at home. Wasting time is a part of that. In an era of productivity, technological speed, efficiency software and leading-edge instruments, we are made to feel guilty if we squander some time daydreaming, watching television, or snoozing on [...]
Kuala Lumpur, or “KL” as it is commonly known, is a beautiful city of new Malaysia. My consulting and speaking work has seen me visit KL many times every year and with every trip I learn, and experience, something new and interesting about it. While the city’s past is still present in the evocative British [...]
“I don’t have time” is the grown-ups version of “The dog ate my homework”. © Ric Willmot 2013. All rights reserved.
How special is home-made food! Nothing is more delightful than the taste of love that goes into making these Christmas treasures. Have a wonderful Christmas everyone.
“You can’t do that finance won’t approve it.” “We won’t be allowed to do that marketing won’t like it.” “If you go ahead with that plan the unions will be angry.” We are consumed with the notion of keeping everyone happy. Why? It’s almost implausible—in business at least—and if it were to occur, it’s not clear that [...]
A Finnish mathematician claims to have designed the world’s most difficult Sudoku, reports Yahoo! The numerical puzzle took Arto Inkala three months to design, and it has only one solution – one that only the sharpest minds will discover, he told the Daily Telegraph. With only 23 of the grid’s 81 boxes filled in, the [...]
There’s plenty of material on leadership and management. But none of it is written for the worst case scenario: working for yourself. Because you are a rotten boss. And, just because you’re not self-employed don’t think you’re off the hook. You’re not. You manage your daily activities, time prioritisation, priorities of tasks, delegation of responsibilities. [...]
What are you working on? When you’re asked what you’re working on, are you excited, enthusiastic and proud to share your answer? You better hope you are. Otherwise, why are you doing it? Why are you there? Why are you persisting? No matter what type of work you do, what kind of job you have, [...]
People are returning to work from their Christmas and summer vacation, the children are about to recommence school and the groans can be heard echoing. In conversations with clients, colleagues and friends they revel in telling that while on vacation they did not respond to e-mail or telephone messages. They boast about putting off any business [...]
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Peter Abbott: Totally agree with you Ric. This government has d...
- Ric Willmot: Remember how boat arrivals under the last six year...
- Ric Willmot: Welcome back, Scott. You've been silent for such ...
- Scott Brown: Oh, and quoting Cromwell, a holier-than-thou Purit...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.