Nearly-Free Workshop for Professionals: Grow Your Business The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! Back by popular demand – with loads of new content “Thanks for an absolutely spectacular workshop Ric. Huge value!! Jam packed with lots of great content and delivered so expertly and with great sincerity. Well done. I can see why you are [...]
The May edition of the Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter (ISSN 2201-5973) for 2013 is available. Click on the image to open the full document in your browser. You’re welcome to share this with others and if you’d like to subscribe there is a subscription box over to the right here on the blog. In this edition: [...]
Back by popular demand – with loads of new content “Thanks for an absolutely spectacular workshop Ric. Huge value!! Jam packed with lots of great content and delivered so expertly and with great sincerity. Well done. I can see why you are such a success and why firms that work with you experience success as [...]
We stand by the predictions, the entries in the Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal Outlook. We stand by the figures and we’re on track to deliver a budget surplus.Julia Gillard (only 6 months ago)
Source: Andrew Bolt, Herald Sun Samuel J sums up the problem: Since its first budget in 2008-09, the government has: – taken policy decisions to increase expenditure by $142.1 billion – taken policy decisions to increase revenue by $75.1 billion – mis-forecast (over estimated) revenue by $133.4 billion This, in a growing economy and with [...]
Around the bend In Australia, there is a federal budget being delivered this week. The struggling government of the day has failed miserably to balance the books. Unfortunately, you DO need to balance your books in your business. You have an obligation to your lenders to meet your repayments. You have an obligation to your [...]
Brisbane is the first cab off the rank … The $90 Workshop for Professionals – Brisbane 18 July Back by popular demand – with loads of new content “Thanks for an absolutely spectacular workshop Ric. Huge value!! Jam packed with lots of great content and delivered so expertly and with great sincerity. Well done. I [...]
Whirlpool Marketing: How to Attract & Acquire Customers Who Will Gladly Pay You What You’re Worth will be launching in Australia, America and Europe during August. The book will have its own website with a vast storehouse of useful resources and tools. The website should be live by June 1 — as long as the cyber-gremlins play nice. [...]
Pricing Strategies to Grow Your Business The world economy is being stormed by an evolution—the Pricing Evolution. Most professional services firms have been content with the pricing strategies and methodologies developed by those who went before them. Accountants and lawyers charging in six-minute increments. Business consultants and coaches by hourly or per deim rates. Recruiters [...]
There is a multitude of self-proclaimed gurus teaching specific sales spiels to professional services firms. Professional services firms have acknowledged that they need to become more active in prospecting, marketing, business development, and yes, selling. Prospecting is about creating new conversations that can potentially lead to new business, referrals, and/or introductions. I have said before [...]
We’ve collated the results and produced a simple illustration to explain what is the highest strategic priority accounting firms identify for themselves in 2013. We’ll be providing more information and useful tools and diagnostics over the coming weeks for accountants to avail themselves of to improve their results in 2013 and beyond. The results are from a survey conducted [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Nearly-Free Workshop for Professionals: Grow Your Business May 23, 2013
- Marketing message from Martin Luther King Jr. May 23, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.63: Want to change May 23, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.