Hopefully, this will be a parting message to Wayne Swan and that he never has influence over Australia’s economy EVER again. Oliver Cromwell’s Speech on the Dissolution of the Long Parliament Given to the House of Commons 20th April 1653 It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this [...]
The flight from Kuala Lumpur to Dubai was an eventful trip. As dinner was being served we encountered turbulence. Usually, pilots are pre-warned about turbulence by aircraft ahead of them on the same flightpath and similar altitude. They announce this to the cabin, the fasten seat belts lamp is lit, and everyone takes their seats. On this [...]
The First Class Emirates Lounge at the Melbourne International Airport is a luxurious establishment replete with a concierge who reminds me of a butler in the movies. Short, portly, balding, with an English accent, he charms you into believing you are royalty but retains that air of strength that informs you neither he nor his [...]
Cath Daley from Liverpool, Merseyside, United Kingdom is a Presentation Specialist & Public Speaking Consultant. Cath is in a group on LinkedIn that I also am a member of and she posed this question: I set aside some business development time today to listen to a webinar. It sounded really good from the email but I [...]
Real World Strategies, Development & Implementation Effective Strategic Planning and its Application to Accomplish Your Business Goals 22nd & 23rd April 2013 • Dubai, United Arab Emirates REMINDER: Strategic thinking is a powerful and invaluable skill, one that leads to greater chances of success in whatever professional and personal projects you’re involved in. Learning to [...]
Any man who tries to be good all the time is bound to come to ruin among the great number who are not good. Hence a Prince who wants to keep his authority must learn how not to be good, and use that knowledge, or refrain from using it, as necessity requires.Niccolò Machiavelli
In 1498, Niccolò Machiavelli began his career as an active politician in the independent city-state of Florence, engaging in diplomatic missions through France and Germany as well as Italy. After more than a decade of public service, he was driven from his post when the republic collapsed. Repeated efforts to win the confidence and approval [...]
Building the Eiffel Tower Watching a documentary on the History Channel I was fascinated to learn of the negativity and protestations regarding the Eiffel Tower’s impending construction by many Parisians. The uncoordinated campaigns by thousands of French citizens, criticised the tower as being a disgrace to architecture, and some said would be the ruination of Paris. The documentary [...]
We all want to be successful. The success we want maybe different between us: relationships, love, career, sport, education, parenting, etc. But we all want some type of success in our lives. Success isn’t easy, it sometimes doesn’t count was even when everyone else knows we deserve it. In fact, some of us seem to [...]
Live Webcast Wednesday 13 March 12pm Australian EST A final reminder for you to register for the live web cast this Wednesday 13 March at 12 noon. The web cast is for 60 minutes and will provide you with Rick Willmot’s secrets to a effective time management for busy executives and people in professional services. [...]
Finish It seems as if every time I open my e-mail there is an inordinate amount of advice coming from consultants and self-proclaimed gurus telling me to start something “new”. They all seem to imply they have the monopoly on the next innovative idea, which is only a rehash of the genius from giants such [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.