Dubai has a habit of attracting global talent. From left right: Danny Harrison — Principal of Azzan Bin Qais International School in Muscat, Oman. Ric Willmot — Author, consultant, speaker and mentor: Executive Wisdom in Brisbane, Australia. Pradeep Bal — Head Business Analyst of Coke, Sinter and Iron at Tata Steel Limited in Jamshedpur, India. Saurav Chowdhury — Office [...]
Here’s a testimonial posted on best blogs for business website by one of our Online Business Forum members, Jesse Yvanoff. Many thanks to Jesse for his recommendation of this blog. The Ric Wilmot blog has been my most used blog for my business ideas. It contains practical tips and resources that allow me to overcome my fears [...]
! The Focus Group Challenge Relying upon surveys assumes that people know how they feel. The reality is that in the workplace it sometimes takes listening to the opinions of others in a confidential and nonthreatening group setting before they form thoughts and opinions. Focus groups can reveal a wealth of detailed information and deep [...]
Rio Tinto and BHP have built up a $1.7 billion of tax credits - and do not have to pay any mining tax.The Age
Mining companies Rio Tinto and BHP Billiton have built up a $1.7 billion arsenal of tax credits – and do not have to pay any mining tax until they are used up. And with Prime Minister Julia Gillard facing a perfect storm over the mining tax, crossbencher Andrew Wilkie heavily criticised her role in the [...]
CEO Online – Your Business Resource Top Learning Module of 2012 – Change Management 601 (Not 101) Author Ric Willmot Click here to go to the CEO Learning Annex CEO Online announce the Top Learning Module for 2012 was Ric Willmot’s “Change Management 601 (Not 101).
Here is the list of monthly webinars being hosted by Ric Willmot and Executive Wisdom in 2013. All live webcasts are held at 12:00NOON Australian Eastern Time. Many people use this as a working lunch with educational learning. These webcasts are 60 minutes, and recordings are available free of charge to attendees and for sale [...]
I am revamping the way we deliver our live webinars and webcasts for 2013. We are making them almost free to attend. There will be a nominal $10 registration fee which includes GST. The reason for the nominal fee is that our technology allows us only 98 participants plus me in the room. This way, [...]
Current Discussions & Questions in Ric’s Forums The big news is we have passed 2,000 posts in the Forum! Here is a summary of the latest discussions, questions, opinions, and the like. You will need your username and password to log in, view, and reply to these discussions. We look forward to your contributions: [...]
Resources projects in Australia were 40 per cent more expensive than in the US and its workforce was 60 per cent less productive than the US.ANDREW BURRELL: The Australian
I seem to remember the Gillard Government crying Tony Abbott was reckless, alarmist and mendacious in warning its new taxes would drive away investment. Interestingly, Australian Chevron boss backs up Tony Abbott’s accurate assessment: THE local head of US energy giant Chevron, the biggest foreign investor in Australia, has warned $100 billion worth of projects [...]
Business writing with speed and influence. CPA Australia Mining and Energy Conference, Gold Coast. November 2012. © 2012 Ric Willmot. All rights reserved.
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.