“I wish I was allowed to …” “They don’t let me …” “I’m not authorised to …” People crave for more authority in organisational life. They want to make decisions and ‘be the boss’. That way they can get things done. Some surrender without so much as a ripple being noticed. While others bemoan to [...]
So what issues are the big ticket challenges for 2013 that will be likely to affect business activity and national prosperity in which the Australian HR profession has a stake?Lyn Goodear: chief executive of AHRI
With every second minor celebrity offering free arbitrary advice these days on the larger issues of the human condition, I found this admission by Bill Gates refreshing: “I save my public voice largely for the issues where I have some depth.” It’s an observation that I’m very conscious of as each new year comes around. [...]
The next live webcast is Wednesday 6th February at 12:00pm AEST (Australia). Networking Smart for Business Results Learn how to make networking a successful rainmaking process to acquire more clients, continually. Every person in professional services needs to network. But many confuse networking with socialising and indiscriminately handing out a gazillion business cards hoping that [...]
What would it be like to have unlimited access to peers from around the world 24-7? Ric’s Online Business Forum is the antithesis to LinkedIn. No selling, no spam, no nonsense. A members-only forum of a collegiate group of successful business owners and executives. ITCRA Members joining before February 5 2013 can obtain lifetime membership [...]
My recent work presenting at the Global HR Excellence Conference in Kuala Lumpur coincided with the announcement of my new book which will be released in bookstores and Amazon in June 2013—Executive Wisdom for Human Resources Professionals. The book educates the reader in powerful techniques for successful managers and practitioners. As a Human Resources Professional, your job [...]
The Chief Community Officer of the Japanese Human Resources Society, Mr. Jun Kabigting flew to Kuala Lumpur to attend my full-day workshop on Global HR Excellence. Jun is also the editor of HR Agenda magazine. After the day’s workshop Jun and I sat down and discussed my opinions and insights into HR, along with my [...]
The key to implementing high performance in organisations is clarity & effectiveness. Not only does an environment need concepts defining direction, performance status and motivation, those concepts must be clear & effective if a performance outcome is desired. It is the leader’s job to provide this clarity and ensure effective implementation throughout an organisation. Many [...]
There are many crazy fads in the human resources profession. Fads that make HR appear silly to the pragmatists in the executive suite. HR wants to be taken more seriously by the CEO. Really? Then eschew the dopey fads and get on with business in a pragmatic, sensible and intelligent manner. HR needs to understand [...]
On Wednesday 31 October 2012 at the Hilton Hotel, Kuala Lumpur I delivered a full-day session at the Global HR Excellence Conference. It is crucial for employers to achieve peak performance from staff and implement intelligent practices to maintain productivity at the forefront. Engaged employees who enjoy what they do and where they work are [...]
I received a telephone call last week to deliver a presentation today on recruitment and retention for the CPA Congress at Darling Harbour, Sydney. I came at this topic from the position of being a business owner and a CEO employing many people over the last 25 years. I’m tired of recruiters, human resource consultants [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.