Focus on my 4th question Regularly, I challenge my clients with four questions: What are you doing? What should you be doing? What should you not be doing? What should you be doing next? The fourth is the most important question today, tomorrow, and throughout your career. During the industrial age, the foreman or boss [...]
The flight from Kuala Lumpur to Dubai was an eventful trip. As dinner was being served we encountered turbulence. Usually, pilots are pre-warned about turbulence by aircraft ahead of them on the same flightpath and similar altitude. They announce this to the cabin, the fasten seat belts lamp is lit, and everyone takes their seats. On this [...]
Real World Strategies, Development & Implementation Effective Strategic Planning and its Application to Accomplish Your Business Goals 22nd & 23rd April 2013 • Dubai, United Arab Emirates REMINDER: Strategic thinking is a powerful and invaluable skill, one that leads to greater chances of success in whatever professional and personal projects you’re involved in. Learning to [...]
It’s easy to find reasons why something will not work. It’s easy to complain, criticise, and denigrate new ideas, new strategies, or new action claims. It’s easy to quip, “we tried that before back in 1973, and it didn’t work then and won’t work now”. If you genuinely want to harness the power of problem-solving [...]
Effective Strategic Planning and its Application to Accomplish Your Business Goals 22nd & 23rd April 2013 • Dubai, United Arab Emirates Strategic success is the holy grail of owner, principals, CEOs, partners and senior executives. However the challenges of an ever increasing competitiveness mean that the shrug-and-smile approach to delivering on business objectives has all [...]
! The Focus Group Challenge Relying upon surveys assumes that people know how they feel. The reality is that in the workplace it sometimes takes listening to the opinions of others in a confidential and nonthreatening group setting before they form thoughts and opinions. Focus groups can reveal a wealth of detailed information and deep [...]
CEO Online – Your Business Resource Top Learning Module of 2012 – Change Management 601 (Not 101) Author Ric Willmot Click here to go to the CEO Learning Annex CEO Online announce the Top Learning Module for 2012 was Ric Willmot’s “Change Management 601 (Not 101).
Successful Failure Never fear failure. It’s rarely permanent or life threatening. We all fail. Successful people fail frequently, learning and moving forward, fast to their next experiment or adventure. You haven’t been a failure by dint of being unfortunate enough to be a part of a project where random external events prevented success. That’s the [...]
Ric Willmot is presenting a full-day workshop at the Global HR Excellence Conference in Kuala Lumpur this October. This is the penultimate event of the three-day conference at the Hilton Hotel. Gain insights into the essence of what it takes to drive progress. Take control of the factors that affect your ability to lead intelligently. [...]
Want to know how to rid your organisation of bureaucracy? Every new rule, requirement, form, or procedure must be associated with solely one person who must be willing to explain it, support it, and answer for it to your internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Nearly-Free Workshop for Professionals: Grow Your Business May 23, 2013
- Marketing message from Martin Luther King Jr. May 23, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.63: Want to change May 23, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.