People who work in professional services are different. They are knowledge workers. And, they’re unique!
- They are the means of production. They own it, because it is them.
- The office is their servant not their master. They don’t need to be in the office to do their work.
- Effectiveness is more important (to everyone) than efficiency.
- The business (employer) needs them more than they need the employer.
- You never know how long they will stay with you. It’s easy to do what they do elsewhere.