Experientia Docet Sapientiam: Experience Teaches Wisdom. And, perhaps, the worst moments are your opportunity to shine. When you are under the pump, it’s hard to pretend. You just have to be who you are and do the best you can. With seconds to run on the clock, it’s hard to pretend. You can only be [...]
Here is the June 2012 edition of my Q&A column in the Brisbane Courier-Mail newspaper. Send your questions to email@example.com and we will ask the newspaper to publish your questions. We do not have editorial control and cannot guarantee that your particular question will be published.
And, they are based at Marvel Comics in New York.
“Ric it’s different for you. You’re an OD Consultant working internationally. All your marketing ideas work for you. We’re different, as [insert your profession here] we need to focus on sales activity not marketing.” Not verbatim, but very close to these words I hear from recruiters, financial planners, business coaches, and the like. Building a [...]
Thank you – but not again So, you’re telling me that your mobile phone service is better than the rest. I’m not being trapped into believing that line. So, what you’re saying is that you have the best interest rate coupled with the lowest fees. I’ve heard that before. So, you’re promising that you will [...]
Nothing happens until you sell something. Rarely, can you sell something without doing the marketing first. I contend that marketing is the process of attracting attention, articulating your value, and explaining how you will improve the customer’s condition by either fixing their pain or improving upon the success they are already achieving. Selling is merely [...]
Our online business forum is where you can have a free exchange of information, ideas, techniques, opinions and alike with a truly global and collegial community. The current membership comes from 14 countries to date and range from middle managers to CEOs to the self-employed. It’s a very popular service offered by Ric Willmot and Executive [...]
REMINDER – Early-Bird Discount ends Friday May 25. We’re accepting only 10 people for each workshop in Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne. Join these companies who are already registered: 2excell Consulting AM Accounting & Consulting Andrew Cohen Business Coaching Angry Emu Wines Beaumont Consulting Commonwealth Bank Elleray Consulting & Business Coaching ITC Publications Stepahnie Keays Architects The [...]
How can I come to accept that the fault I see so easily in others also hides their strengths?
Unsolicited advice is given purely for the benefit of the giver, not the receiver. Never accept it. Seek out those people whose opinion you trust and respect and ask them to provide feedback on what you want to receive feedback on. Reject all other offers, it will not help you one iota. This morning I [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Nearly-Free Workshop for Professionals: Grow Your Business May 23, 2013
- Marketing message from Martin Luther King Jr. May 23, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.63: Want to change May 23, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.