5 Steps to Smart Your employees are not the same. Your clients are not the same. Your friends are not the same. Your peers are not the same. It’s naive and wrong to consider they are and to treat them that way. The Dreyfus model of skill acquisition posits that individuals move through five stages [...]
I like myself. Honest, I really like myself.Bill Shorten ALP
The laughs keep coming from Labor minister Bill Shorten. He likes his own page on Facebook …. even if he doesn’t know what it says. What a guy. What a great guy.
... interest rates is just such an important issue and the ... board has been meeting on the second Tuesday of the month since 1960Bill Shorten ALP
FINANCIAL Services Minister Bill Shorten is wiping egg off his face after a bungled attack on Opposition Leader Tony Abbott. Mr Abbott was ridiculed for mixing up the date on which the Reserve Bank meets to decide on interest rates. But while attacking Mr Abbott, Mr Shorten repeatedly said the Reserve Bank board met on [...]
I support what she said ... My view is what the Prime Minister’s view is.Bill Shorten ALP
UPDATE: No one could accuse Bill Shorten, the Australian workplace relations minister, of speaking out of turn. The politician refused to take a stance during a television interview with Sky News Australia on whether the country’s Speaker should be allowed to return to his role after he was accused of sexual harassment and misuse of [...]
I haven't seen what she's said, but let me say I support what it is she said.Bill Shorten ALP
Bill Shorten from the Australian Labor Party shows why we pay him the big bucks to be a politician and implement the will of the people who elected him. Kind of …. sort of …. well, not really. It is kind of sad when the people who brought us the television show, “Yes, Minister” are [...]
What are you working on? When you’re asked what you’re working on, are you excited, enthusiastic and proud to share your answer? You better hope you are. Otherwise, why are you doing it? Why are you there? Why are you persisting? No matter what type of work you do, what kind of job you have, [...]
This article was originally written and posted in January 2008. It is still just as relevant today in 2012 as it was in 2008. ______________________________ Motivating for Behaviour Change Presenting a full-day strategic program to business people and executives in northern Queensland, a very fine person, who had immersed himself thoroughly in the learning throughout [...]
After attending the workshop for professionals in Brisbane, here is an e-mail we received from Anita. Upcoming workshops: Sydney April 26 and Melbourne May 3.
I was talking with a friend who runs a small online boutique business. She works with personalized textile products, and provides free shipping. The free shipping is built into each product with an expectation that delivery will be made via UPS (United Parcel Service). She had an order and was completing the packaging. Checking the [...]
Some managers believe that the most appropriate way to operate is to do everything for themselves. All it achieves is an increase in stress. And, it ignores the talent and potential in their organisation. If you want to make delegation work for you, these tips may help: Avoid postponing important projects. These projects will not [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.