Dates: Brisbane August 6 Sydney August 8 Melbourne August 14 For thousands of years, writing and speaking have been powerful ways for us to share our thoughts and ideas. Even in the technologically saturated 21st century, we still express ourselves in writing almost every day. To dramatically build accelerated growth in your business results, the [...]
This instrument asks you about your organisation and people in order to provide a useful and pragmatic summary of management performance. By simply answering the questions you will better understand your organisation and where you may need to improve the general management skills. If you wish to receive a summarised report on your answers, this [...]
How do you implement a start-up? How do you launch a new product? How do you prepare a new, diverse service to your stable of professional offerings? What will have the most significant, positive impact in the way you go-to-market? This is a sample of one of the topics covered in Ric Willmot’s MBA [...]
Efficiency doesn’t equal effectiveness. Effectiveness is sometimes the antithesis of efficiency. What will make you, your organisation, and your people effective is: Business development (takes time and doesn’t rate on the efficiency-scale when monitoring time sheets in 6-minute increments). Networking (there goes the time-sheets again). Quality client service and relationships (to deliver great service and [...]
Negating the naysayers They are those annoying people who never do anything brilliant themselves, but find it their duty to condemn and criticise every idea you offer to make a difference. “That will never work.” “We tried that back in 1977. It didn’t work then and it won’t work now.” “We don’t have the time/money/resources [...]
We are seeking the input from law firms to complete a questionnaire of 15 questions about marketing and business development that should take only 4-7 minutes to complete. At the end of the questionnaire, you can, if you so choose, provide your e-mail address and we will send you a complimentary copy of the summarised [...]
Politicians talk a lot. Actually, they talk too much and do too little. When they step in front of a microphone it gets even worse. They talk a lot more about nothing much really, with no genuine intent to back up what they promise. The manner in which they talk changes, also. They begin orating [...]
Unsolicited feedback is given for the benefit of the sender not the receiver. Don’t concern yourself with those who come offering their criticisms, speculations and the like if you never asked them for it. I once had a woman thrust her business card into my face after I had given a conference keynote presentation telling [...]
People who work in professional services are different. They are knowledge workers. And, they’re unique! They are the means of production. They own it, because it is them. The office is their servant not their master. They don’t need to be in the office to do their work. Effectiveness is more important (to everyone) than [...]
In order to be an effective business leader, you need to become a better problem finder, not just a better problem solver. Organisational breakdowns and collapses tend to evolve over time, beginning with small errors that are compounded and eventually gained momentum. We need to become hunters who venture out in search of problems that [...]
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Peter Abbott: Totally agree with you Ric. This government has d...
- Ric Willmot: Remember how boat arrivals under the last six year...
- Ric Willmot: Welcome back, Scott. You've been silent for such ...
- Scott Brown: Oh, and quoting Cromwell, a holier-than-thou Purit...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.