Warning: This is a long post. Business must be booming when customer service is non-existent. Or, perhaps the reason customer service is non-existent is because the organisation is doing so poorly? Take my current experience with an internet company. This company had been hosting the domain for a website I considered I may launch, but [...]
What is it that you are not? We are constantly telling the marketplace what we are: the best accountant, the specialist recruiter, the smartest lawyer, the best informed financial planner. That’s easy to say. But what is it that you are not? Thinking in this counter-intuitive fashion can help you better identify what it is [...]
Homo sapiens are the only species to have developed the “token” of money as a currency for barter and exchange. No sooner had humans developed money, they began to make money and end in itself. Humanity has become fascinated to distraction with money, something so attractive and desirable that some even kill for it. Everyone [...]
Ric Willmot’s Law Firm Marketing Interview Podcast The Law Firm Marketing Masters Blog has rated me one of the “Top 10 Law Firm Marketing Experts in the World” and “Australia’s leading law firm management and marketing consultant”. It doesn’t matter if you’re an accountant, lawyer, recruiter, financial planner, consultant, coach, professional speaker … the rules [...]
The $90 Workshop for Professionals: Business Builder Series An almost-free day for people in the accounting, law, recruiting, HR, business consulting & coaching, speaking, and related professions to help them dramatically accelerate business and find new markets. It’s my way of “giving back” and providing a high-content day. The registration fee is only $90 + [...]
Is your business performance achieving, growing, improving? Are you achieving your financial targets so far this year? Are you growing? Or, are you declining? Are you winning major customers? Or, have you already lost some key business? Are you developing new products/services for the future? Or, are you simply relying on what you’ve had for [...]
You create an idea for your business. You get everyone together to discuss it. You wrangle over the merits or otherwise of pushing forward with this new idea. The idea has its supporters and it has detractors, as well, of course. (There’s always somebody who thinks it’s their role to say no to a new [...]
Institute of Chartered Accountants Interview Ric Willmot Mediocrity is a curse that accountants can become comfortable with, live with, but which will limit their growth. And, if their comfort with mediocrity continues for long enough it can deteriorate into paralysis and business failure. Before anyone thinks it can happen to them, ask yourself where Arthur [...]
25 ways to turbocharge your brain power Improve your vocabulary. Take a different route home from work, regularly. Do crosswords, solve puzzles and brainteasers. Become comfortable with ambiguity. Reverse your assumptions. Look further than the first, correct answer. Be curious. Have your own mental sanctuary. Debate (not argue) and defend your position on matters, intellectually. [...]
Creativity choked? Mix and match ideas to serve your clients. “The time has come,” the walrus said, “to talk of many things: of shoes and ships and sealing wax of cabbages & kings.” In the 4th Millennium BC, hard bronze was invented in Susa (Iran) by mixing soft copper with small amounts of an [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today: Only ½ of businesses are surviving May 21, 2013
- How’s your mobile telephone relationship? May 21, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.