This is a real e-mail sent by a real person from a real company. It was not spam sent from India, Pakistan or Kurzikstan …. I kid you not! Hi, Hope you are well. My name is Xxxx, and I work with a leading Digital Media Agency. I have visited your website www.executivewisdom.com and feel [...]
This is the 100th edition of the Weekly Wisdom. Thank you to the members of my Mentoring & Coaching Program who cajoled, coerced and convinced me to do this. Given it is the 100th edition, I’m recommending everyone who doesn’t yet receive the Weekly Wisdom each Monday in their inbox that you add it to [...]
Australia's Catholic leader Cardinal George Pell was punishing him (Father Bob) for being "open to all" by forcing him to retire from the parish.Yahoo 7 News Website
High profile Melbourne Catholic priest Father Bob Maguire has farewelled his congregation with an upbeat final mass. Bagpipes played as Father Bob left the Church of St Peter and Paul in South Melbourne where he has been the parish priest for the past 38 years. More than 1000 people attended the final mass by Father [...]
Today is Australia Day. I don’t care to get caught in the ridiculous nonsense of “Invasion Day”. I don’t care for that researcher who says that flying the Australian flag on your vehicle is racist. I don’t care to change the Australian Constitution. I don’t care to accept the illegal immigrants. Today is Australia Day. [...]
When people ask this question you need to clarify what they’re really asking you. Are they genuinely asking for the best or simply the easiest? The easy way is to lower your price. Of course, with all the websites, discounts and e-coupon websites this will most likely mean you need to lower your price to [...]
When my daughter was two and she wanted something, she wanted it immediately. And, when she got it, it was a victory, she won. As we mature we see a win as a victory over somebody or something else. I won the tennis match at the expense of somebody else who lost to me. I [...]
People are returning to work from their Christmas and summer vacation, the children are about to recommence school and the groans can be heard echoing. In conversations with clients, colleagues and friends they revel in telling that while on vacation they did not respond to e-mail or telephone messages. They boast about putting off any business [...]
Many organisations mistakenly believe that their Mission should be all encompassing and explain everything. The Mission should articulate the corporate objective in a simple manner that all stakeholders can comprehend and embrace. Ric Willmot gives a striking example of how to achieve this.
Pricing is one of the most important keys to the success or otherwise of an enterprise. Yet it is frequently overlooked, understated or just done really poorly. Ric Willmot gives a brief insight into how we can think differently when engaging with prospective customers. At the start of this clip, Ric’s client, the CEO of [...]
Ric Willmot speaks on pricing to a live audience. In just 60 seconds he is able to succinctly articulate the clarity as to why price is second to value. Focus on your value and people will pay your price.
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Gun Control Laws: Sobering statistics and a sane argument December 15, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.