They say the gift is in the giving but after watching the opening of so many presents yesterday it became apparent to me that the power of the gift is in the imagination of the recipient. Children were using the same presents in totally different ways to each other to entertain and enthral. Picasso said [...]
Wishing you a very merry Christmas. May you and your loved ones remain safe and have a splendid time sharing joy, happiness and goodwill. The pleasures of Christmas are very much in the giving. Give as much as you can: your time, attention, patience, love and understanding. Give to charities, either in money, or in [...]
Our four-year-old daughter was thrilled about driving to the Christmas Lights Winners around Brisbane. The overall winner was a house in Birkdale that is spectacular and pure LCD-artistry. A sensational $3,000 Cherry Blossom tree; depictions of the Brisbane City Hall, the Brisbane Story Bridge (complete with a CityCat Ferry underneath), Mount Cootha, an Aboriginal corroboree, [...]
In 2008 my research company, The Society for Executive Wisdom, surveyed 341 buyers of professional services. The information we gained from this survey was gold. Some of the issues relating to hiring a professional services provider included: Failed to understand the buyers’ needs Failed to respond to requests promptly Failed to listen to the buyer [...]
Dear Santa, We haven’t corresponded for a while but I am thinking of you at your busiest time of year. I trust Mrs Claus and your little elves are all well, and that the reindeer are feeling strong and enthusiastic. We’re hearing some rumours that the North Pole is melting. That can’t be good. I [...]
How proud are you of your efforts in 2011? I’m not asking how successful you were with what you attempted, but how proud are you in your “efforts” to achieve success in 2011? I’m not asking how happy you are about what you’ve done, but how “proud” are you in your efforts to achieve [...]
Discounting is successful. It is successful. Discounting reduces prices, therefore, it’s been successful. Not for you, not for your competitors, not for the profession, but in the purity of its design to reduce prices, it’s been successful. What message, however, are you putting out into the marketplace? What are you telling your customers and future [...]
Understanding your prospective clients is paramount to your business success. Stop attempting to have the client buy what it is you are wishing to sell to them. Rather, identify the key objectives, needs and wants of the client. Assess what are the solutions to these that they seek. Then determine how you are able to [...]
One of the continuing excuses I hear is that there’s a limit to your delivery capability and therefore a limit to what can be expected with regards to revenue generation. Another is that there will be peaks and troughs because you cannot properly market for future business while you are busy doing the current work. [...]
Yesterday’s Weekly Wisdom (No.95: No more excuses) highlighted some of the frequent excuses I hear as to why success has not been achieved. If you want you to succeed in 2012 like you’ve never succeeded before then here are Ric’s Tips to break the negative mindsets, emotional triggers and perceived roadblocks to jump-starting your new year: [...]
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Peter Abbott: Totally agree with you Ric. This government has d...
- Ric Willmot: Remember how boat arrivals under the last six year...
- Ric Willmot: Welcome back, Scott. You've been silent for such ...
- Scott Brown: Oh, and quoting Cromwell, a holier-than-thou Purit...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- Psychologist, Peter Hart unable to adapt to pyjamas August 12, 2012
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.