There’s a plethora of people on social networking sites discussing offering incentives to influence people into referring business. Stop it! You’re at a family picnic and your uncle says he needs to find a new accountant. Do you refer him the accountant you use because you believe he’s good or do you refer the accountant [...]
Mediocrity is the comfortable curse that some in recruitment seem to be willing to live with. The downside is that you cannot grow from being comfortable with mediocrity. For every star performer in the recruitment sector we have hundreds, who hang on, faint outlines and echoes of erstwhile resonance, or of managers they once hoped [...]
Price is an extremely effective profit driver. It can generate huge profits or destroy margins. We must avoid discounting and price cuts as they may bring market share, but they often kill profits. You will be surprised how many profit leakages there are in your organisation. These leakages are akin to giving money away …. [...]
Fast food chain Nando’s is beating its own drum sticks with a controversial ad, showing Zimbabwe’s Robert Mugabe frolicking with dead dictators. I’m sharing this just for the fun of it. It’s quite clever and very well done.
In professional services there can be a serious misunderstanding of what sales management is and is not. For instance, I marvel at some of the nonsense perpetuated by a few in the recruitment and financial services arena in regards to business development, sales and sales management. (In fact I think there is too much “hierarchy” [...]
Selective talent acquisition is where you identify and find the best person for your available role; persuade them to surrender what they’re doing now, and come and join your team. Hiring is where you place an advert on an internet job board and let the entire universe know that you’re happy to receive resumes from [...]
The Business Referrals Survey has been completed. Now the task at hand is to analyse the results and formalise the findings for publication. Thank you to everyone who contributed to the survey. There were 336 respondents. Those who did contribute to the survey and provided their e-mail address will be receiving a copy of the [...]
Every week we need to be investing in the marketing of ourselves, our business, our services and our brand. By doing one thing every day, you are perpetuating Willmot’s Marketing Whirlpool to grow and develop your business and build your revenues and profits. How many are you actively implementing each week? By just doing one [...]
If you weren’t personally active in the technical process of your specific business, what else could you be doing? If you weren’t doing “busy-stuff”, what other things would you do? If you weren’t in meetings (for meetings-sake), who would you decide to visit? And, what would that be worth to you and your business? If [...]
This week I went to Hobart, Tasmania to present a full-day program for CPA Australia on Improving Individual and Organisational Performance. The program provided useful and useable insights including: Creating and implementing intelligent strategies for future business growth. Change Management – What it is, what it is not, and what has to be done in [...]
- Mick Cosgrove: I agree Ric. I was actually referring more to the ...
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Nearly-Free Workshop for Professionals: Grow Your Business May 23, 2013
- Marketing message from Martin Luther King Jr. May 23, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.63: Want to change May 23, 2013
- The demise of conversation and command of language May 22, 2013
- Ric’s Thought for Today No.62: Opposing Views May 22, 2013
- Executive Wisdom Times Newsletter: No.98 May 2013 May 21, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.