UPDATE: 15 November 2011 Only 48 hours before we close the survey. Please take this final opportunity to participate in and recommend the survey on Business Referrals. The more responses we collect the better the information is for us to produce a valuable research analysis. _______________________________________ Executive Wisdom is undertaking research into “referrals” in professional [...]
I will be in Hobart, Tasmania delivering a full-day program for CPA Australia in November. If you are in the neighbourhood and would like to meet up with me for a chat during my stay, you are welcome to get in touch with me to arrange a mutually convenient time. Contact me
How is most marketing collateral created? Around the table in your organisation with a group of people who are directly involved in the business. The owner, the CEO, the head of marketing, the marketing interns, the partners, etc. But who is it that the marketing is intended to attract? Your customers. Have you ever invited [...]
Prospective clients like to know they are choosing a professional with the smarts, experience and ability to deliver the desired results and outcomes. As they make their choice between you and another professional offering; or whether they are just choosing to engage you nor not, you must have credibility. Here are some techniques to consider [...]
Time magazine just can’t keep up and its timing seems outdated in the new fast-paced era of a global community connected so quickly via the internet. WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange has claimed unless the company gets urgent funding the organisation will collapse. Last week, of course, Time continued its excellent record by valorising the Occupiers.
The Prime Minister hardly mentions Rudd’s personal crusade for a temporary seat on the United Nations Security Council, conscious that it is all about his personal positioning for an international role later in life.Josh Frydenberg, The Australian newspaper
Josh Frydenberg suspects the Prime Minister is backing off her Foreign Minister’s vanity projects: On the multilateral stage, Rudd’s efforts must also be seen through the prism of personal aggrandisement. Putting aside the fact that the Asia-Pacific already has an effective range of regional groupings of which Australia is part, including the East Asia Summit, APEC [...]
All the self-proclaimed business experts and gurus tell us that we should request referrals as soon as we make the sale, gain the new piece of business, and sometimes even if we don’t get the client we “should still ask for a referral”. Nonsense! These approaches are not only flawed, they more than likely will [...]
Congratulations to New Zealand for not only winning the Webb Ellis Cup for the first time since 1987 but on hosting a very well organised event over the last two months.
While consulting to a legal firm on how to improve their pricing and marketing strategies, they asked if I could recommend a keynote speaker for their annual conference. “Me!” “Oh, come on Ric, you’re a Business Consultant. Really, you must know some good speakers?” Typically, I speak at about 40 conferences globally each year, but [...]
The nine-to-five model of work has always aggravated my sense of creativity, innovation and worth. The best business model, for me, has always been to work smart and fast when the mind is willing and then recharge with a very dry martini while reading a book by the pool at three in the afternoon. Parkinson [...]
- Ric Willmot: No Kathy. I was honest in my opinions about Crean...
- Ric Willmot: Mick, I disagree that it is reflective of "educa...
- Mick Cosgrove: I don't think it has anything to do with muscles....
- Kathy Westmore: Ric are you showing your softer side there by comp...
- Scott Brown: Yes, read that study. Interesting. Should also be ...
- Peter Abbott: Totally agree with you Ric. This government has d...
- Research Survey on Referrals in Professional Services October 31, 2011
- It’s not too late to ditch the tax, Julia June 24, 2012
- Catherine Deveny hate speech continues in spite of spelling October 6, 2012
- Wayne Swan: It would be funny if it wasn’t so scary September 21, 2011
- Why you must ban social media while working July 19, 2012
- In the name of Australia, go, Wayne Swan, go! May 14, 2013
- Weekly Wisdom No.162: Focus on my 4th question May 20, 2013
- The financial facts provided by Treasury not politicians May 19, 2013
- Strong men more likely to have right-wing views, study says May 19, 2013
- The Nearly Free Workshop is Back! May 17, 2013
- What’s around the bend for marketing your business, smarter? May 16, 2013
- Summaries of fiscal & economic evaluations of Labor and Swan May 15, 2013
Value Offerings by Ric Willmot
- Business Development
- Change Management
- Courier-Mail Newspaper Q&A
- Customer Service
- For Accountants
- For HR & Recruiters
- For Lawyers
- For the fun of it
- For the Professions
- For the Self-Employed
- Friday Redux
- Leadership Excellence
- Media & Press
- Mining & Resources
- People Performance
- Peregrinations & Postcards
- Podcast Series
- Professional Improvement
- Ric's Forums
- Ric's Rant
- What's Ric Thinking?
- Wisdom for the Week
- Work-Life Balance
About Ric Willmot
Ric Willmot is "The Strategist" assisting organisations to improve performance, profits and productivity. Most businesses are en route to destinations they don't seek because of a strategy they haven't set is taking them there. Ric Willmot is seen as the thought leader for strategic business improvement. His intent is not just to improve your business, but to build firms which create wisdom and wealth.
Ric travels Australia, Asia, USA and United Arab Emirates as the go-to person for CEOs & senior executives of mining, oil, gas and resources companies -- and consults to principals, partners, and professionals practicing in law, accounting, financial services, consulting, recruitment, business coaching and the like.